Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken


I found this recipe and tweaked it a little... lets just say that it is husband approved!
What you will need:
  • 4 Chicken Breasts (or I used 8 chicken strips)
  • 3/4 cup of Cheddar cheese (if you do not like a lot of cheese only use 1/2 cup)
  • 3 table spoons of diced jalapenos (if you like an extra kick add more, if you do not like it that hot then use less)
  • 1 package (8 ounces) of cream cheese softened
  • 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 4 strips of diced bacon

How to cook:

Pre-heat the oven to 400. Take the bacon and cook until crispy. Drain the grease with a paper towel. In a separate bowl combine cream cheese, bacon (diced), jalapenos and cheese. Mix until well combined. Take chicken and cut a slit down the center (but not all the way through) and stuff mixture into the slit. Once you have done this with all the chicken, take another bowl and pour the bread crumbs into it and roll the chicken pieces in it until they are well covered with bread crumbs.

This is the part that is up to you how you would like to cook it... The original recipe I found said to cook it on a skillet, but the cream cheese melted out of the chicken. So here is what I did...
I took a little bit of Olive Oil and put in a skillet. I cooked the chicken (cream cheese side up) for about 6 minutes on medium to high heat. Then I put the chicken into a dish and baked in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the chicken was thoroughly cooked. You can cook it on the skillet for the whole process, it is just tricky to not burn it. I do like how the skillet added a crunchy bottom to the chicken, so that is why i suggest to do it that way. You can bake the chicken from start to finish in the oven. Which ever way you would prefer. I also added extra cheese on the top of the chicken when it was in the oven about 5 minutes before it was done. My husband loves cheese, so I always add extra :-)

** If you have any extra cream cheese filling you can use it for pin rolls check out this link to another one of my recipes: Cream Cheese Jalapeno Rolls







Originally seen @ Cassie Craves