Monday, October 8, 2012

Cupcake Icing Experiment


My family had a get together on Sunday, my mother and I decided to fix cupcakes. We fixed them with a simple yellow cake batter mix. Then I experimented with the icing...


The first icing (in the top photo it is on the top right, the bottom photo it is on the left) is Caramel Pecan Icing. The second icing (in the top photo it is the bottom center in the bottom photo it is the second from the left) is Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip. The final icing (in the top photo is is on the top left, the bottom photo it is on the right) is Chocolate with White Chocolate Shavings

I wanted to make the icings different than the normal chocolate (of which i still made), so I started to raid my mothers cabinets. Here is the ingredients I used for each icing:

Caramel Pecan:
Caramel Icing
Chopped Pecans

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip:
Cream Cheese Icing
Chopped Chocolate Chips

Chocolate with White Chocolate Shavings:
Chocolate Icing
White Chocolate Shavings
(I mixed them with the icing and added them on top)


The icing recipes are simple enough, but everyone loved them! The favorite was the Caramel Pecan. Its a simple way to clean out the pantry and make cute cupcakes that look like they should have been bought from a bakery!